The workshop was a great success. Thank you for your participation.
Three post impressive papers and two best poster awards were selected. Congratulations!!
Most Impressive Papers (Ph.D Symposium):
- Enhancing the Interconnections between Knowledge Organization and Information Literacy Through Guided Inquiry. Hsin Ju Lin, Chao-Chen Chen, Pin-fang Tseng (National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan)
- A Report on Ongoing Research into the Modeling of Multimedia Franchise Hierarchies, the ‘Superwork’ Entity, and the Description of Various Pop Culture Resources Using Metadata Aggregation. Senan Kiryakos (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
- A Study on the Effect of Power Distance Index for 5th Grade Students in Group Discussion and Reading Comprehension. Hong-Shiu Liang, Chao-Chen Chen (National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan)
Best Poster Awards:
- Users’ Context Based “Research Data Management Teaching Materials” for Junior, Senior and Graduate Students in Chiba University. Chihiro Kunimoto, Mao Tsunekawa, Hiroya Takeuchi (Chiba University, Japan)
- Collaboration with the Library TA (Cuter) in Out-of-Class Learning Support at the Kyushu University Library. Kyushu University Library (Kyushu University, Japan)
New: The program is updated.
New: The registration site is open!!
Note: Lunch and the networking dinner will only be provided for participants who register by 8th December.
New: The deadline is extended!
Deadline for submitting an informative abstract (of about 500 words) for Track 1, 2, and 4 : Nov. 4, 2018 (Extended)Deadline for submitting an informative abstract (of about 250-500 words) for Track 3 : Nov. 15, 2018 (Extended)
Deadline for submitting an informative abstract (of about 500 words): Oct 24, 2018
- Note: If you need the visa, please submit your abstract and contact organizers as soon as possible.
Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance: Oct 31, 2018
- Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance for Track 1, 2, and 4: Nov 12, 2018 (Extended)
- Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance for Track 3: Nov 22, 2018 (Extended)
Deadline for camera-ready proposal/paper, after acceptance: Nov 19, 2018
- Deadline for camera-ready proposal/paper, after acceptance for Track 1, 2, and 4: Nov 30, 2018 (Extended)
- Please submit an informative abstract (of about 500 words) for any of the 4 Tracks, via email to ALIRG2018 Organizer ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- The email header and your submission title should indicate your preferred track. e.g., [Track 1] your topic
- Authors may submit multiple proposals.
Welcome to ALIRG Workshop 2018 website
ALIRG Workshop 2018 will be held in conjunction with International Symposium Commemorating the Grand Opening of Kyushu University Central Library on December 14-16, 2018 in Ito Campus, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
The ALIRG (previously known as Taiwan-Singapore-Thailand LIS Research Group), is a collaborative effort among several LIS researchers from Taiwan (National Taiwan Normal University), Singapore (Nanyang Technological University), Thailand (KhonKaen University, Mahasarakham University), Malaysia (University of Malaya), Philippines (Ateneo de Manila University), Japan and India.
Previous ALIRG Workshops (including TST Workshops) are listed as follows:
- 1st TST Workshop, 2008: Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- 2nd TST Workshop, 2009: Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- 3rd TST Workshop, 2011: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 4th ALIRG Workshop, 2012: Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- 5th ALIRG Workshop, 2013: Mahasarakham University, Thailand
- 6th ALIRG, 2014: Department of Library & Information Science, Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- 7th ALIRG, 2015: Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, Philippines
- 8th ALIRG, 2016: Graduate Institute of Library and Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University
- 9th ALIRG, 2017: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Thailand